6.08.2008

No Good Excuses

So there's no way I can now complete 48 hours of reading before the end of the challenge. Physically impossible even if I did nothing but read between now and then. Oh well, I'll try harder next year. This doesn't mean I'm not going to read though. I finished Emma-Jean Lazarus Falls Out of a Tree by Lauren Tarshis and If a Tree Falls at Lunch Period by Gennifer Choldenko. It was interesting to read these two back to back since they have quite a few similar elements. In both books, the main characters are in 7th grade and deal with bullying by girls. I plan to read Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata next. I don't usually read this much realistic fiction, but I do enjoy it occasionally.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I think you're totally still in the challenge - does anybody actually read an entire 48 hours? I know I don't - I enjoy sleeping too much.